Search for mobilehome by serial number

When submitted to HCD, the completed application must be accompanied by the insignia fee and the minimum one-hour inspection fee. Payment must be in the form of a check or money order payable to the Department of Housing and Community Development. If HCD's inspection requires more than one hour, additional inspection fees will be due for each half hour or portion thereof exceeding the first hour at the rate shown under "Inspection Fee.

If you need in-person assistance, please visit us at one of our Division offices listed below. Background and Purpose of Insignias. Sample HUD Label California Insignia of Approval The location, type, and color of the California Insignia of Approval issued to mobilehomes, multifamily manufactured homes, commercial modulars, and special purpose commercial modulars have changed over the years. Replacement Insignia Process. Using the data on the form, program staff will research to find record of original insignia issuance. If original issuance is found, the replacement insignia may be issued.

If no record is found, the application is sent to one of HCD's field offices with a request for an inspection. The purpose of the inspection is to ensure that the unit still complies with the standard. If the unit complies, the insignia may be issued. If it does not, compliance must be achieved before a replacement insignia can be issued. How long does this process take? The most common reasons for delay are: Application form is incomplete. Application fee is not included. Department records are incomplete. Unit must be inspected.

Is there anything else to know about? This data has been collected by county assessors and given to the county auditor.

Search this site

The Department of Local Government Finance has provided a way to search this data collected by the county. Since the information displayed appears exactly as it is reported from each county, some formatting and other errors may be present. If a figure appears incorrect or inaccurate, you should contact the county assessor to verify its accuracy. Having problems accessing the information? There will likely be a sales tax when you transfer the mobile home into your name. I hope the words above have been helpful and clear to understand. If you have any follow-up questions or concerns never hesitate to reach back out.

Here to help anytime. Called to austin texas records the said citi corp accpentance put a lien on it in Thanks for commenting and reaching out concerning your questions. Congratulations on finding the seller and working the deal thus far. Concerning your question it is of the utmost importance that you remove the lien from Citigroup prior to purchasing this home.

In fact, the state will likely not transfer ownership until this lien is satisfied. I encourage you to follow up with the state and double check as to what is needed to be sent to them or provided to prove that the lien from Citigroup was satisfied nearly 30 years ago.

Vehicle Services Titling

This seller has been in the home for over 30 years? Additionally, you may be able to get in touch with Citigroup if verification is needed with regards to the lien. In short, there is definitely a solution moving forward for you to purchase this home without the Citigroup lien. The exact answer them paperwork needed will be found by contacting a manager or director of the manufactured housing division in Austin. I hope this helps and points you in the right direction.

If you have any follow-up questions or concerns moving forward never ever hesitate to reach out anytime. Are ther any laws or rules for mobile home transporters. Our Trailer frame and plumbing was damaged in the move. I left the Florida Keys about 3 years ago. The park owner agreed to accept ownership of my trailer, and I gave her the signed title.

Almost 3 years later, I get a bill from the tax office saying I owe 3 years taxes. They say I must prove I no longer own the trailer, or it no longer exists. I am having problems getting a response from the park owner. So how do I handle this situation? Thank you for reaching out with regards to your question. This sometimes does happen when a seller will hand over title however the buyer will simply not go through the process to change it over legally into their name. With that said this problem typically never arises from a mobile home park being lazy.

It absolutely sounds like you are not at fault and should not be held liable as you did not own the home. If you have a bill of sale signed and dated from this time that would ideally be best to show proof of sale. I would reach out and get in contact the Florida tax department phone number that was on your bill. It is important to work with these folks to resolve the problem. You are completely innocent here so there should be no reason you should have to pay anything. You may wish to call local mobile home parks nearby to see if they know of the mobile home park you used to live at is still around or may have changed names.

Please keep in touch and if you have any follow-up questions or concerns never hesitate to reach back out. I hope the answers above were helpful and point you in the right direction. This sounds funny. Just over 3 years ago, I bought a trailer in Key Largo. The owner had owed several months of back lot rent. And she had left the state. I made a deal with the owner and the trailer park owner regarding the purchase of the home.

The old owner signed over the title to the trailer park owner Karen. She held onto the title until I paid off the trailer, at which point, the trailer park owner gave me the title. And Karen had forgiven the overdue lot rent due. When I went to title the trailer in my name, the DMV had trouble with some number on the title. I wonder if this is the same girl I bought the trailer from. If her name is Jodi W. What a strange, possible coincidense. I also have re-registered it every December and paid the yearly taxes due on it.

So it has been paid for. I get a new registration sticker to put on the window every December. Hi John! I have a question. It is about the water heater. Since I have a small mobile home. I live in California. Can I replace the water heater to a tank less water heater? Would it be legal to do that?

As the owner of the home you can absolutely replace your water heater and install a tapnkess water heater as well. With that said you will most likely need to pull permits depending on your county. If you will be using a gas water heater then you will most likely need the help of a licensed plumber or water heating specialist to connect the gas. Once the installation is complete a local inspector will come out to make sure that all current codes are met. I hope this question helps and points you in the right direction.

If you have any follow-up questions or concerns never hesitate to reach out anytime. Thanks John for your response. I got another question. This time is regarding the electrical panel. I have it inside the restroom. I would like to know if there is fine or if I need to remove it and put it somewhere else which is gonna cost me some money. Also, my mobile home has a big heater furnace. Since I got it, I have never used it.

I normally use a mobile heater depending on the room I am. Would it be okay if I remove it and use that space for something else? Thanks again! Thanks for reaching out and asking your questions. Concerning your question about the furnace removal, yes this will absolutely be fine if you do not need the furnace any longer. Be aware that you will likely have to patch holes in the floor, ceiling, and roof once the furnace is removed. With regards to the electric panel, this will vary from county to county and state to state.

The inspector may or may not ever see where the electric panel is unless they are looking for.

How do I find out how old a mobile home is and who manufactured it?

With that said it would be best to have an electrician look at your electric panel and confirm if this is compliant with codes or not. I hope these answers help. I certainly do not want to give you any bad information. If you have any future questions or concerns never hesitate to reach out anytime. Good information here. I just recently purchased a new mobile home in Delaware with an inheritance from my father. My husband and I agreed that since it was my inheritance from my family, that the title would go to my daughter at death.

We got the title in November…. Thank you so much for commenting and reaching out with regards to your question. Congratulations on the new home! I hope it is a home that you love in an area that you really like. Concerning your question, if the home is free and clear and there are no bank loans or liens on the property then yes, this process to retitle the mobile home into the correct names will be rather straightforward and simple.

These folks have always been very helpful and friendly to me whenever I call so please explain your situation and they will tell you the correct paperwork and procedures to move forward to get the home title correctly. If you have any follow-up questions or concerns never hesitate to reach out to me anytime.

Very happy to help. Thank you so much for reaching out and connecting concerning your questions. Most purchasers of a mobile home will absolutely want clear title when they hand over money for the ownership and keys of the mobile home. With that said, you currently do not have ownership or clear title to provide this buyer. This is because someone else, or a corporation, owns this property it is the legal owner of record on the title. If you can find this then you are able to find the vehicle identification number so that you may ask the state more information about this home.

If the mobile home is still sitting on the land owners land then these folks will be able to help you obtain a new title, however if the home is not on land that it will be very difficult for you to obtain a new title. With all this said I would greatly encourage you to call your state and explain your situation in full. Based on your IP address it looks like you are emailing from Michigan. In Michigan you will want to contact the local DMV to make sure that the homes taxes are current, there are no existing liens, and to verify who the owner actually is.

You will also want to explain your unique situation and ask them what options you have to obtain clear title legally ASAP. Every time I call these folks are very helpful and friendly to answer most of my mobile home related questions. I hope this helps and at least point you in the right direction. We just bought a home in monore county tn. We were told that this was a stick build home not a double wide. Now we know it is we can not find the Vin any where on either a or b.

I very much regret to hear about your situation. You likely already look for this near the hot water heater, master bedroom closets, pantry, and laundry areas and could not find this information. As a last resort you can look on the chassis of the mobile home. On the front of the home, near the mobile homes tongue, the VIN will often be coldpressed into the steel. You may have to take off the skirting to find this number.

What can we do to obtain a title in order to buy this home? Congratulations on your up-and-coming purchase. As the bank they are in position as Lien holder and can absolutely contact the state to request a duplicate title or foreclose and take possession into their own name so that they can resell it to you. In looks like you are commenting from Arkansas, if this is true then the bank will want to contact the local DMV in order to start the repossession process. I would encourage you to call the bank and ask what help they need from you to facilitate this process and get this deal done.

You will course be happy to do this for a discounted purchase price. I very much regret to hear that your thief of our ex-boyfriend has stolen your title and put the home into his possession. I would very much encourage you to reach out to a local real estate attorney. This may take a little bit of money however if you can show that the paperwork from the seller is going directly to you and not to your boyfriend then you should have no problem convincing a judge the home should be yours.

It sounds like it will definitely get a little bit worse before it gets better however your ex-boyfriend has definitely done something against contract and against the law if he is not listed anywhere on the paperwork. I would encourage you to reach out to a local real estate attorney that has a one hour free consultation to offer. Have your questions ready and make sure to get them all answered in this one free hour.

Keep in touch moving forward and if you have any questions or concerns please never hesitate to reach out anytime. Please keep us posted here as your reply may help others who are in a similar situation. Thank you so very much for your advice, i really didnt know where to begin with persuing this issue and now i do… again, thank you! Happy to help, Star. Keep in touch if you have any follow-up questions or concerns. Have a great rest of the week. Hi, I had a question, just trying to reassure ourselves here, we purchased a free-and-clear cash mobile home from a park, signed a lease, and continually demanded title until we got it in the mail — 4 days before our lease was up.

In our eyes, this classifies as obstruction of sale by a park owner, which was outlawed here in Illinois in , so were just filed suit yesterday, for a variety of issues as well, including fees not described in lease, changes to lease dates, so many things. Our question was, what regulatory agencies in IL, and what rules apply, that give these parks their license to do this?

Congratulations on doing what you feel is right. This mobile home park may likely have been taken advantage of and bullying residence for years without anyone else doing something. Good job again for standing up for yourselves and the rest of the park. In Illinois I can tell you a various things with regards to investing in mobile homes on their private land and inside pre-existing parks. However your specific questions or something that I do not want to give you any wrong information to.

Here are three great sources to local organizations that will be able to point you in the right directions. Moving forward it will be hard for the park manager and park owners to look at you in an unbiased manner. If you are aiming to resell your mobile home I encourage that you take a hands-on approach to making sure your potential buyers receive a fair approval process from the park management.

Lastly, great job being demanding with regards to your title and receiving it when you did. Keep in touch moving forward. If you ever have any follow-up questions or concerns please never hesitate to reach out anytime. Additionally, please do keep in touch and let me know how this works out. I know others will be interested are reading along as well. We rented to buy mobile home, when it was paid for the lady never gave us a title but a bill of sale because she did not have the title.

Then we sold the mobile home and they wanted the title. So we went to the DVM to try and get a lost title. They could not help us. So now we want the mobile home moved from our property and they want a title and I am lost. What do I need to do to get them a title. We went to a notary and made a bill of sale to them. But now they want a title to the mobile home. Can yu help me, I am lost? I regret that you are in this situation. I am a bit fearful of what you may find moving forward due to the missing title. I encourage you to head to the office of motor vehicles or call them directly with a serial number or VIN number that you may have been provided by the seller.

If you do not have this identification number then you will have to find it on the mobile homes data plate located inside the mobile home, typically found in the master bedroom closet, pantry, hot water heater area, or utility room. Let me know if you are unable to find this information. We will need to find out if the mobile home was ever titled within your state. It looks like you are emailing from Louisiana, if this is the case than the above information is how you should proceed to figure out if this mobile home ever had a title locally.

If the home does have a title than the next step will be to figure out who the owner is so they may receive a duplicate title and sign it over to you. Once you have clear title you may resell to your buyers. I hope this helps and makes sense to at least point you in the right direction. We broke up shortly after that but I never bothered with taking possession of the mobile home that he still lives in. Again, I have the signed bill of sale and also a lease agreement where I had rented the mobile home out during the time he lived with me.

The mobile home is located in Georgia. Thank you for reaching out and the detailed comment and questions. I regret to hear that this ex-boyfriend is making your life difficult after all this time and the fact that you never pressed the issue of the thousand dollars. A Bill of Sale is a very important form to have, however it is only half of the required documents you need to change it over into your control. Do you happen to have a signed Title? Again, without the signed title you will not be able to have it transferred into your name.

With that said I am certainly not an attorney of any kind. In fact, I would encourage you to reach out to a local real estate attorney that provides a one-hour free consultation for added help. If you have any follow-up questions or concerns please never hesitate to write back. I am trying to buy a piece of property that has a mobile home on it, we are in Fl. The current owner never had the mobile home put in there name back in , they have a signed title but no bill of sale.

When they went to get the Mobile home put in there name the title office stamped the title with no bill of sale, how does the owner get the title in there name? Thank you so much for connecting and reaching out with regards to your questions. This means that you are correct in thinking that the mobile home will have a title that needs to be transferred from the current owner to you as the buyer. Without a current title or even knowing who the actual owners of the mobile home are, you will need to go the legal route as the land owner to obtain clear title to this property. Assuming that taxes are current and there are no liens on the mobile home you should be able to file for an abandoned title as long as you know the mobile homes VIN or serial number.

I hope this all helps and at least point you in the right direction. I want to make sure you get all of the correct information from the state based on the current properties information. Moving forward if you have any additional questions or concerns please never hesitate to reach out anytime. I recently paid off my loan for my mobile home and I was wondering how I could go about getting my title.. I live in the state of Louisiana and all the bank gave me was a paper where i had the loan done originally that is stamped paid in full..

They seem to be giving me the run around about getting a title, so is there another number I could call to get another title if need be? Congratulations on paying off your home! This must be a great feeling and a big relief off your shoulders. I encourage you to call up the numbers below and ask them where the local offices near you that this can be done at. Explain your situation in these nice folks will be able to tell you just where to go and what to do. Keep in mind that you will very likely have to pay some small fee as the title is changing a bit. If you find any new or interesting information on never hesitate to comment back and share with us.

Keep in touch and if you ever have any additional questions never hesitate to reach out anytime. Hi John, I have a question for you. I live in New York State and my boyfriend and I purchased a double wide together and is titled in both of our names. We have recently split up and I want to know if I can have his name removed from the title. He is no longer living in the home. I have still currently live in the home. What do I need to do to have his name removed from the title, if I even can? Need some advice please. I have good news for you, this is absolutely possible in your state.

With that said you will most likely have to get his signature in order to remove his name from the title. If this is the case then your boyfriend will not need to sign as only one party is required due to the verbiage on the title. I hope this first part makes sense. If not please let me know.

Codes and Standards Offices

With that said, if your ex-boyfriend is willing to sign there may be a state agreement that allows him to simply remove his name from the title with a very small processing fee. Because I want to make sure this is done for you correctly and as inexpensively as possible, I encourage you to call your state titling Bureau for motor vehicles. In short, this situation happens all the time from people breaking up, getting divorced, or passing away. There is absolutely a procedure in small fee that this will take and nothing more. The biggest hurdle to overcome may be having your ex-boyfriend sign off ownership on the title.

I hope this all helps and points you in the right direction. You may contact your state at for more information. Thank you John, you have been very helpful and I appreciate it. I will contact our DMV titling bureau. Also just looked a my original title, there is no and, or, or a comma at all. Just simply my name on the first line and his name on the second line.

What would that mean? Thank you for following up. This means that both your signatures are needed in order to sell this mobile home. I was hoping only you would need to sign, however both signatures are likely needed for the sale to go through and the name on the title to change. With that said, please reach out to the state and let them know what you are trying to do and they will be able to point you in the easiest and quickest direction possible.

We owned a mobile home and sold it back around or We just were served papers for back taxes beginning — current. We are not the owner of the mobile home and have not been since that time. We cannot find any of the selling documents.

  • Mobile Home Department | Valencia County, NM!
  • Mobile Home Title.
  • internet yellow pages business opportunity website;
  • Manufactured home labels / mobile home labels & Certifications!
  • getting marriage certificate in portland oregon;

What can we do? How can we prove this is not our mobile home? The tax records show it in our name. Need advise. I have already contacted the attorney that served us and they say they cannot drop the case since we are the owners of record. I called the county and they said they would investigate. Any suggestions? Thanks for reaching out concerning your questions. I very much regret to hear that your buyer likely did not transfer the ownership out of your names and into his or her own name.

This is not uncommon and you are not the first people this is happening to. I say this to help you understand that you are not at fault or to blame. You will need to provide what documents you have so the state can go after the right person. If the state still persues the legal avenue to sue you for taxes that are not yours, then I would suggest contacting a local attorney for sure.

In fact you may wish to reach out to a local real estate attorney now for advice on how to proceed based on your specific situation and state. Again, the taxes are not yours and I am fairly confident the state will see this.

At least this is how it has transpired in the past with other folks in the same spot. I appologize that I could not give you a quick answer to fix the issue right away, however keep in touch with the state and contact a local RE attorney for consultation. As always, please keep us posted and let me know if you any other follow up questions or concerns. Her son does not want anything to do with the mobile home and handed the title to me.

My landlord of the mobile home park is hospitalized and cannot help me at the moment on how to take possession without having to pay back taxes. Do you have any idea how I can do this? I have the title, a signed letter from the son stating he is walking away from the property.

It has been cleared out, the utilities are off. What can I do. I live in Pennsylvania Thank you so much for your help. Thanks for reaching out and connecting. I am sorry to hear about your neighbor passing. Some few states will transfer ownership without having the back taxes paid before ownership is transferred. This means that the state will go after the person that failed to pay the taxes while that specific owner owned the home.

With that said Pennsylvaia is not one of these states. If you purchase the home the taxes will need to be paid prior to this ownership being transferred to a new party. I apologize I amnot able to give you better news on this matter however I do hope it helps. In short, I would pass on this home for sure unless you can talk to the state and find out from them a way to proceed with voiding the back taxes all together. If you contact the state and find any useful information please let us know here so that we all may learn together.

Additonally if you have any questions or concerns moving forward never hesitate to reach out anytime. Bank never signed off as lien holder when paid off years ago. Bank is no longer around and cannot get a title also cannot get a number to find out about bank. Original bank was Citizens National Bank in Tulare , ca. They were sold to Mineral King National bank who took over the loan. This bank also is no longer in business and I cannot get a number for Mineral king National Bank. I have tried the DMV with the vin number and this has not worked.

I have tried the tax office where I pay taxes on my mobile home, housing authority. Citizens National Bank in Tennessee and they could not helpeither. Thanks you for reaching out with regards to your questions and detailed comment. I regret to hear about this situation and hardship you are going through for sure. This is certainly not the first time this has happened and it will not be the last. It always pains me to hear about situations like this from honest people like yourself. My advice was to first contact the state and then the banks in quesion.

Since you have done this with little help provided, I would highly recommend contacting a local real estate attorney that is familiar with mobile homes within your state. There will not be many attornies like this but there will be a least one within your state, this attorney likely works with local parks in the area. You may with contact the park to see who they can recommend.

You may have to start a legal case to obtain clear title but if the home was paid off and you can prove this, there is a way to obtain clear title through legal avenues. In short, this is going to get a little more difficult before it get solved, however it will get solved. Likely through a court case and being in front of a judge.

If you have any follow up questions or concerns please never hesitate to reach out to me anytime. Keep in touch and if you learn anything else please comment back to tell us and educate us all here. Dozy here. That doubled the purchase price. Done, and ready to transfer title. Told RV Campsite owner I would stay 3 yrs, we both felt good. I can not occupy as housing anywhere without the St Fire Marshall seal on the breaker box.

I can not sell to a used car lot to use as an office without a building inspection. I can not park in any of the 3 county trailer parks without that Safety Seal. How do you propose getting the Title changed to the appropriate usage as a MH? Original builder was an electrician not licensed , this was his only creation.

VIN number is not correct with only 12 digits, think a MH is to have Any clues, other than redneck justice…just joking…but have thought of that recently. I very much regret to hear about the situation you are having and your nosy neighbor who read you out to the local zoning department. Over the years I have certainly seen some mobile homes that are incorrectly labeled. I have also seen some travel trailers that have gotten their descriptions upgraded from travel trailer to mobile home, when this clearly was not the case. These mistakes and oversights happen by accident over the years as people incorrectly fill out titles, transfer forms, or via government computer errors.

How do you find the vin # on an old mobile home

With that said, I would love to see pictures of this property as it sounds certainly unique and one-of-a-kind. My advice to you, although you may not want to hear it, would be to move the mobile home to a different site where you do not have a nosy neighbor reporting you to the states. Are you able to get electric, water, and gas hooked up to this property?

If you are able to move it with this solve your problem until the state found out? Are you able to keep tires on the home and simply remove the straps and retie down the home every six months? As you can tell, I see very little way for you to legally change this properties description and am mostly trying to think of ways to get power turned on and for you to keep living in the property legally. Please let me know your thoughts and the answers to the questions above. You may have already thought of all these questions however I do hope they help some and at least point you in the right direction.

If you have already talking to your state and describe the specific situation you are having they will know what the best course of action for you moving forward is specifically based on your property and its location. Again, I regret that I am not able to give you a magic bullet type of answer that will solve the problem.

Please keep me posted moving forward and if you discover anything please let us know so we can all learn and grow together. Keep us posted. I live in lawrence county ohio. I have the title to the mobile home. It was my mothers home on a rented lot. She died almost 3 years ago and I have not transferred the title into my name because I am worried that since she had medicaid the state may take it.

I am 56 and we lived together for the last 15 years in this mobile home. No medicaid , only medicare. The title does not show a lien on it. It is the original title from when she bought it with cash from insurance when dad died in Any advice??? Thank you , michael. Thank you for reaching out with regards to your situation and questions. I very much regret to hear about your mother passing a few years ago. Since the passing have the taxes and lot rent been kept Current on this property?

You asked in your comment about any advice… Could you elaborate a bit more on the specific questions or concerns you are having? Did you want advice about putting this into your own name at this point? I would be happy to answer any questions you have however just let me know what those exact questions are. Keep me posted. My mom passed we have a paper with vin on it saying we inhabited it but the vin is coming back in someone else name. What do we do? If you had contacted the state with the vehicle identification number and the state is saying that someone else owns the property, there sounds like there is an issue and confusion for sure.

When your mother purchased the home did she ever get a bill of sale or title from the seller?